Friday, May 29, 2009

Unbelieveable Parents

So yesterday was our first volleyball game, the wind sucked, and so did the team we played.

This one set of parents brought a little, I would guess 1 or a little younger because she wasn't walking yet, girl to the volleyball game and left her strapped in her stroller. I actually noticed it right away, but she was doing ok so didn't think much of it other than wondering why they didn't get a sitter and hoping the sun wasn't going to be too hot for her.

Well half way through the first game she started screaming bloody murder; she didn't want to be in her stroller ignored anymore. Well, we have a rotating team so there is always 1 girl and 1 guy who is sitting out. After noticing that her parents obviously weren't going to do anything about it, I walked right over to her stroller, took her out, gave her a drink of her water, and held her until I was forced to put her back down because it was my turn to go back in. I was hoping this was going to give the parents a little hint that their daughter should come first over volleyball. Nope, not them. She started screaming again and they just ignored her. Finally the dad went over to her and laid out a blanket and put her on the ground before running back into the game. Did he really think she was going to stay there all nice on the blanket? Of course she wasn't! She started screaming so bad that she was eating snot from having a runny nose. Then she started crawling towards the court, so when it was my turn to rotate out again I went over and grabbed her and held her again...and she was covered in coca burs. Poor thing! Once again I was forced to put her down because it was my turn to rotate in, but this time Lindsey said 'bring her over here, I'll take care of her'. Finally! This had to get the parents attention, right? NOPE! Not these moronic parents! So our team rotated in taking care of this little girl. She particularly liked Dustin for some reason; he has such an amazing touch with kids, they all love him. My daycare kids like him more than me I think...haha!

Then finally in the middle of the 3rd game, the parents got the hint and the dad came and sat down with her. I watched as he held her on his chest and she melted into it. She was so in love with her daddy, I can't figure out how he could have left her there for so long. All she wanted was her parents. I need to add that this team had 6 players and only 4 players are needed to play, so it wasn't like they didn't have a choice and they had to play. So our game was finished and we had to go through the 'good game - high five' line, and her mom said 'thanks for taking care of my screaming baby'. You bitch! I couldn't believe it. I wanted so badly to just punch her in the face! Some people should NOT be allowed to reproduce! We will have to play this team again sometime through out the season, and next time I will be saying something if she is left there again! Dustin said "well maybe they were just trying it out to see if it could work"...yeah, well after the first 5 minutes of her crying one of them should have quit playing if that was the case.

So that is my rant for the day! More to come I'm sure as tonight Dustin has to play softball and I'm sure I will have something to complain about before the first game is even finished!



Just a note...this was not supposed to be a rant blog, but I find that is all I seem to talk about! Jeesh...maybe it's time to re-arrange my life and cut out all the stress factors.



On a good note, it's the weekend! YAY We are going to be working on our yard again all day tomorrow, then relax on Sunday before Harley's baseball game at 5:45. It's going to be yet another 'I can't believe tomorrow is Monday already' weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment