Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm feeling 'deep' tonight!

Something hit me today...
-I take for granted what I have been blessed with...
-I don't realize how lucky I truly am...
-I don't appreciate the smaller things in life they way I should...
-I don't give enough thanks to my Lord for what he has given me...

Not only has he given my a wonderful husband, but he has given me two beautiful, healthy boys!

I have been reading other people's blogs, all of which have been mother's who have had medical issues/prematurity with their children/babies, and all have brought true tears to my eyes and a ache to my heart. I don't know how these mothers do it; how they keep it together. I don't know these woman personally, but I feel like I do; I have cried for them they way I would have cried for myself if I was in their shoes! They are such beautiful woman & mothers! I pray that they can pull through what they are going through right now and whatever comes in the future!

I feel like I take things for granted; like I don't give enough thanks for what I do have. All I ever hear myself doing is complaining about what I don't have. It makes me feel ashamed of myself that I complain about the little things in life, when there are mother's/people out there who are suffering over big issues and problems in their lives; problems with their baby's health.

Who cares if I'm not in my dream house yet; I still have a beautiful family - that is what truly makes a home anyways!

Who cares if I don't have all the 'toys' that I desire; my children keep me entertained!

Who cares if people don't act the way I think they should; I get to teach my children to act properly!

Who cares if I don't have that fat bank account that everyone desires; I have kids - they cost too much but are sooo worth it :)

Who cares if I don't have a 6 digit salary; I get to watch my kids grow up while I stay home.

Who cares if I have a messy house; it was made by little hands and baby feet.

Who cares! Live for what you have, and stop worrying about what you don't! Appreciate the small things in life because there are people who would give anything for those 'small' things. Give thanks to the Lord for what he has provided you! He has a plan for all of us, and if that big house, boat, fast car, etc., isn't in his plan for you, then let it be...and who cares!

No comments:

Post a Comment